We are seeking a keen cook to join our Takla Trading Post team! As a part of a dynamic kitchen team, the cook will be responsible to adhere to and enforce all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and company policies and procedures. This position will be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the company dress code and/or wearing the company uniform. This role will also maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times. Learn from and work beside experienced professionals!
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items;
- Ensure all kitchen equipment and tools are being used safely, and as directed;
- Ensure food is handled, stored, and cooked according to health and safety standards, and that proper cleanup occurs to meet health regulations;
- Clean agreed designated areas in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning or evening routines, and hygiene requirements;
- Prepare menus and daily specials, and determine related food and labour costs;
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies;
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff;
- Answer, report and follow supervisor or supervising chef’s instructions;
- Clean up station and properly wrap or dispose of leftover food;
- Stock inventory appropriately;
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion;
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Adhere to and enforce all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and company policies and procedures;
- Inspect property and services to ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory requirements;
- Protect the health and safety of others by adopting safe work practices and reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Proactively attend to customer complaints in a professional manner;
- Advise customers on food and beverage choices, making suggestions when necessary;
- Take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute;
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the company dress code and/or wearing the company uniform;
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times;
- Greet customers with a smile and answer their questions as required;
- Compile and balance receipts at the end of the day/shift, administer tips and gratuities in a fair and equitable manner
- Set tables according to established standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
At all times, TTP employees:
- Actively engage in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of Sasuchan and the Nation;
- Promote a positive work atmosphere and communicating in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect;
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 10 minimum education preferred, with experience in a customer service environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Valid food safe certification
- Degree or diploma in the food services industry
- Three years of experience in the food services industry
- Strong working knowledge of food services industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effective problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks effectively, and to be flexible in a busy, demanding environment;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction as tasks and responsibilities change;
- Ability to work as a positive member of a team;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Occasional overtime
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st,2022